Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Moreno takes his talent to America

Anselmo Moreno, 26 years old, might just seem like a foreign boxer to you, but he is a widely recognized athlete in Panama. He currently has a record of 31-1-1 and now he will take his talent around the world. On Saturday December 3, 2011 Moreno will have his first match in America.

Recently he joined with the World Boxing Association and he will be fighting against Vic 'The Raging Bull' Darchinyan in the Bantamweight class to prove he is a strong fighter to the audience outside of Panama. In an interview with punch.ocregister.com he said, “He (Mariano Rivera) worked hard to get where he is in America and now I am beginning my journey to hopefully get there too.”

The reason Moreno is going to start boxing worldwide is because not only does he want to become famous, he hopes to prove that he is not just an average boxer from Panama. To do this his first opponent is going to be Darchinyan, but he is not scared. In an interview with badlefthook.com Moreno said, "This is my first fight in the U.S. and I'm ready to get in the ring and show my skills. I'm not nervous about my first fight in the U.S. … I just want to show why I'm the world champion."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...