Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kenneth Hungria valuabe setter for the HSMSE volleyball team

HSMSE Volleyball
Kenneth Hungria, setter for the HSMSE volleyball team, played an exceptional game against the Bronx Science "B" volleyball team. Hungria set the ball at least 30 times during the game with seven assists and only a few errors.

Hungria was the setter that was on the court longest of all the setters of the team, but he did switch out with the others regularly during the game. He said, “This is a way for us to optimize play. I don’t play front row, because I’m small.” Coach Diunte explained the reason for Hungria being substituted for a taller front row player. "Using two setters allows our team to bring in an extra blocker to compensate for our loss of height."

Hungria also contributed the team by making 11 out of 12 serves. One of those serves even scored an ace for the team. “I serve the ball in a curve. I don’t think they expected that,” he said about his serve.

One of the few errors that Hungria made, was on a ball that was spiked just above his head. He managed to jump backwards and dig the ball, but he wasn’t able to pass it to another player. “The ball just came to fast for me. My reaction let me hit the ball, but I wasn’t able to make it a pass,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...